How to Download Visual Studio Community
Download Visual Studio Community
To install Visual Studio Community, the developer will have to begin from the start - downloading Visual Studio Installer. The Visual Studio Installer, of nearly 80MB size, is downloadable from Microsoft’s website for Visual Studio. Steer to the link and snick on The Visual Community 2019 to install.
- The windows OS is up to date with the latest version available. If you have windows 10 or above, you are good to go.
- This can be a huge app to install, so ensure sufficient storage on the device.
- Dotnet Framework 4.5 is installed, if not, hover over Microsoft’s website, and you’ll find it right there.
Installation of Visual Studio
After you have downloaded the Visual Studio Community Installer, right-click on it and click on ‘Run as administrator on the file to begin the process of installation.
Terms and Conditions for License
Next, you will be prompted to accept the Visual Studio Community Tool’s License terms and Privacy agreement. If you agree, tap on continue and move ahead.
- In addition, the installer will install all the necessary files to install Visual Studio, which can take a few seconds or minutes.
What features to install?
Furthermore, the installer will ask you to select the features you wish to install. The options available are Workloads, Individual Components, Language Packs, and Installation Location.
Select the required workload ranging from .NET desktop development to ASP.NET.
2. Individual Components
However, upon choosing the workloads, the components are automatically selected. Moreover, one can still customize the components as per the requirements.
3. Language Packs
The Operating System automatically decides the language, but on the other hand, you can still select it from the tab once it opens.
4. Installation Location
The installation location is set by default often. Therefore, it is usually downloaded at the exact location, but one can change it if they wish to.
Above all, if the selections you’ve made satisfy you, then proceed with the Install button. Visual Studio will automatically begin downloading, which would take 20-40 minutes. The installation depends on the Wi-fi connection and your device. Once it is done, ‘Installation Succeeded’ would open up on the screen. Further, you will be asked to register or sign in. After the window appears to sign in, you can sign in or create a new account if you click on sign up. You can even proceed without signing and maybe do that later. Note: If you do not register, the community edition will expire in 30 days.
Start Visual Studio Community
A splash screen will appear on the screen when you launch it for the first time, taking 15-20 seconds for the initial start step. It is advisable to sign in to activate Visual Studio and get a lifelong license absolutely free at the start. The Visual Studio Community is now all ripe for you to begin working on it if you follow the procedure carefully and correctly.
Other useful articles:
- How To Get Started With Visual Studio
- Main Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts
- Visual Studio Versions and Features
- Visual Studio Community Vs. Professional Vs. Enterprise
- Install Visual Studio Code For Java
- How To Edit Code in Visual Studio (Editing Features)
- Visual Studio Cheat Sheet
- Visual Studio Interview Questions
- Visual Studio Code Vs. PyCharm 2021
- Visual Studios 2019 Vs. 2017
- IntelliCode/IntelliSense in Visual Studio
- Git Tools in Visual Studio 2019
- How to Run C# Script in Visual Studio Code
- Git Instruments in Visual Studio 2019
- Visual Studio Automation Explained
- Visual Studio vs Atom
- Visual Studio vs. Clion
- Visual Studio vs. Eclipse
- Visual Studio vs. Intellij
- Visual Studio Vs. Rider
- Visual Studio 2022 Features-What's New
- Visual Studio 2022 vs. 2019
- Is Visual Studio Good with Python
- Is Visual Studio Community Free for Companies
- How to Download Visual Studio Community